I don't do 'in-between' well. It's all in or all out, and no matter how much I try to alter this, I eventually find I fall right back into this manner of being. I don't think this makes me unreasonable or difficult, since that approach only applies to me and my efforts.
When I am social, I am amped to go out and get together multiple times a week - sleep is overrated, right? Of course, when I'm a homebody I typically forego contact and interaction with those around me. I can't find the happy medium, though I am not altogether sure I need to.
The past few weeks I've become increasingly tied to home. I'm in a writing mindset, and that doesn't usually produce much if I'm out and about with friends. I've certainly made exceptions here and there, but overall I would prefer to think the world outside had gone on vacation without me. Maybe then I could actually finish a book.
So, it is by no means a personal thing if I have been slower than usual responding to texts and calls, nor does it mean I have moved on to bigger and better things. When I withdraw it is because I'm finding it difficult to have the discipline necessary to write the way I know I need to. That, and I'm also attempting to embrace the moody creativity without losing myself completely.
I should probably just accept that I'm mad...I really have to be to want a writer's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment