Wednesday, June 25, 2014

You Can Put That Weight Down And Walk Away

So here's the thing: I was thinking about people and negativity today, and happened to hear The Grudge by Tool. I've known the lyrics for quite some time, but today they were so fitting for what was going through my mind.

I'm not sure there is a more perfect description of what hanging onto ills will do to a person. I remember thinking how powerful the message in this song was the first time I heard it, but given where I am in life now, I think this song is genius. I wish there were some way of conveying how important it is in attaining happiness for those harboring grudges to unburden themselves.

It's completely natural to immediately feel wronged, slighted, or hurt by the actions and words of others, whether they intended those outcomes or not. The freedom of choice that we have shouldn't be utilized so sparingly; when negative energy enters our space, we should be actively choosing to immediately free it and embrace something more positive. No good has ever come from hanging onto the shit from the past. Anger, contempt, and misery are all life sucking voids that restrain us and prevent that forward motion into better times. Why on earth would anyone choose to stay shackled to emotions that stunt their growth and severely limit the life they could be experiencing?

By no means is it easy to learn to let go, but when you consider the alternative of constant strife and the oppressive weight of such negativity, it's a cake walk with benefits. My heart feels sadness for those who cannot bring themselves to let go of the load they've shouldered for far too long. Sadness because they could have long been over whatever wrong occurred and have moved onto enjoying the truly amazing things in life.

We 'let go' for ourselves. In doing so, we affect those around us in multiple ways; we give them hope, example, and a far better version of ourselves to bond with. Really, it's simple; the law of attraction. To be surrounded by good things and positive people, we first need to be positive. Without forgiveness and release, it isn't possible to be kind of positive that breeds positivity. Letting go and moving on are key to allowing ourselves to be whole.

When we release the ills, we create the kind of space that will allow the good to flourish, give ourselves permission to be happy, and make it possible to believe we are worthy of all the amazing things life has to offer. Tend the path that will lead to unlimited possibilities, and leave the road of heavy burden behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment