Sunday, June 15, 2014

Love Being In Stitches

If this life isn't about the ongoing journey, I'm not sure what it's all about. Where I'm going changes far too often for me to get wrapped up in just finding the destination. As a matter of fact, any success-celebrations are minor in comparison to the stops along the way.

One of the things I'd never pass up, or willingly forget would be laughing to tears. There is something so intensely rejuvenating by an exhaustive fit of uncontrollable laughter. Most often the most innocuous subject or comment can set off a laughing jag that is relentless and produces streams of tears. This is always the best. Whenever I'm with my sisters, sons, or friends and we are reduced to this type of laughter, I know that the trigger might not seem the least bit funny to anyone outside of us. Quite honestly, given different circumstances all around, and I myself might not find the topic worth even a half-hearted chuckle.

Some of the best moments I've had are those very non-stop-giggle-cry-fests. I rarely ever remember what started the laughing jag, but I have no problems recalling the breathlessness, inability to stop, and the ab workout I nearly always get. Yes, laughing until I cry is one of my favorite things about the journey my life has been.


No comments:

Post a Comment