Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Absolute Nonsense

I'm not a fan of things I can't change. Rather I'm not a fan of not being able to make changes. Especially when it has to do with the way I feel about something.

The ability to look on the bright side is beneficial, thought it isn't always as effective as I'd like it to be. Being bigger than the negative things in life isn't easy. Sometimes it's an old issue or an emotion associated with an undeniable circumstance, and the bright side just can't cast all the damn gray away.

I suppose that it's a bit unrealistic to expect to avoid that stuff entirely. Ho-hum, blah moments are great reminders to appreciate and enjoy the good things. I can't imagine what other purpose negative things serve, if not to highlight the best stuff. Well, there might be other reasons, but I refuse to acknowledge them.

My Inner Brat is having a foot stomping tantrum, because I'm not letting her win. She has a tendency to magnify the bad, which defeats the whole 'silver lining' focus. And clearly she has a way of creating havoc with my writing when I try to move beyond the pity party she tries to throw us.

Interruptive, insubstantial, and irrelevant.




No comments:

Post a Comment