Thursday, June 26, 2014

Some Of The Best Surprises Are The Little Things

So, this is what I found typed in my blog post area today when I went to start an entry:

Hey mom, I just wanted to say hi and I hope you're having a good day despite your back.

How can I not be 100% in love with this kid? Somehow he 'gets' that it's the little things in life that matter. A sweet little note, a listening ear, an unexpected smile from a passerby...things that don't cost a thing, but reach deep into a person's soul.

The fact that there's thought involved makes those little things meaningful. That at some given moment one person chose to bring a little warmth and sunshine to another person's day - it's what incredible people are capable of. Being able to step outside of yourself for a few moments, isn't something everyone can do. Far too many people are wound up in themselves so tightly that they are unable to see connecting with those around us is where purpose comes from.

There is no purpose unless what we do impacts others. Regardless of what we believe or strive for, the ultimate goal affects others in some way. The quickest way to a better life, that is also the most resonating, is doing for others. When we give of ourselves, we are giving the most unique gift possible. There isn't a person in the entire world that can duplicate another person's presence and time.

Don't overthink it, just do what comes naturally. Smile, laugh, get creative, just give of yourself. Be the bright spot in someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment