Saturday, June 21, 2014

Just A Wee Bit Tired

I rush around more often than not, and on those rare occasions all the activity knocks me on my ass, I feel like I could sleep for days. Today has been one of those days. Up far too early at the tail end of a crazy week, I know it's bad when even a Red Bull can't snap me out of the sleep haze that's pulling on my eyelids and making my head heavy.

Far from a complaint, these rare times remind me that I'm grateful for my sanity and health; without which I could not maintain the stamina and focus that gets me through each and every day. Most of the time I try to keep from packing too much into a day, but there are exceptions. It's not quite convenient when those exception days coincide with days my body and mind go into shut down.

Making the will to push on with all that needs to be done more difficult today would be the perfect weather. What better way to lull a person into inactive mush than to be warmed by a bright sun and entranced by a soft breeze? I guess you could say I am currently drunk on summer, experiencing the inability to converse, move about at a normal pace, or keep my eyes open for longer than mere seconds.

Were it not for the ills of sun exposure, I think I'd sit sleepily in my chair under the sun for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment