Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Most Beautiful Day...All Around

Though nothing spectacular occurred today, it was an amazing day. Beginning with spending time first thing in the morning with my mother, I continued to be graced with the presence of some incredible women. Old friends and new, I know that choosing to live a positive life has led to more positive people in that life.

I revisited days long forgotten, mixed with the challenges and triumphs of parenthood. When the seriousness and obligation of life falls away, more relaxed and rejuvenating moments are often revealed. As we work through the process of aging, we can sometimes get caught up in the things that don't bolster the best in us. It's easy to become bitter and jaded when we neglect to laugh and celebrate.

Whether I know a person well, or have just found common ground with someone new, being able to relate to them is essential to any kind of relationship. If all involved are free from the burdens of prejudice and the tendency to judge, more of us would be able to get along. If you exude a friendly, accepting nature, you cannot help but draw similar people in. I feel as though far too many people overlooked this simple memo.

Living well and achieving happiness cannot be done if you're hung up on pointless bullshit. I don't care how much you make, where you shop, what designer you wear, and I definitely don't care what your sexual orientation is. All I want to know is if you're happy. That's all. If you're happy, you're destined to bring that energy to other's lives and that's what attracts me to someone. Being able to possess that kind of aura makes a person invaluable. No matter what comes and goes, that quality always remains. Should you cross paths with this type of person, embrace all they offer. Allow it to further free your own great qualities and continue the wave of positive energy outward from you.

Each and every woman I was with today, emanated a deep kindness and amazing soul. The weather was as near perfect as I could have imagined, but I believe my view of it was colored a bit more rose because of the people I spent time with. The best part of today? I was completely content with everything around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment