I've got more than enough material to write a blog (possibly even a coffee-table-style book) completely based on what NOT to do as a hair client. Not a week passes that I don't consider it based on those kinds of things that make me shake my head. Just for my own personal amusement, I just may do it.
How To Be A Good Hair Client...not bad. Or maybe 101 Things To Avoid With Your Stylist. Hmm, better. Oh, whatever I arrive at for a title, I think the contents will be a funny read.
Never ceases to amaze me the things people will say or do despite the fact that they've placed their hair's fate in someone else's hands. The LAST thing a client should do is push limits when scissors are involved. Now, I'm not saying that I'd ever (nor have I ever) reacted in a vengeful way; no matter how much a client has said or done to insult or upset me, their hair is my professional reputation. Of course I may have had a fleeting thought or two about chopping those infamous 'three layers' into someone's hair for even having asked for that kind of cut.
After 17 years of a stylist (therapist, friend, life coach, and style guru) there are far more interactions to treasure than not, but it still amazes me how the same faux pas continue to be committed. Of course, I wouldn't have much to write about if they didn't. The silver lining in less than desirable stylist moments? I have the choice to let them bring laughter into my life, instead of headaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment