Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The World According To T.S. Chamberland

It is not my intention for this post to 'toot my own horn', rather it is meant to celebrate the things about myself that I have come to value and love.

There were moments today when I felt like a mediator, negotiator, a therapist, and a life coach. It was an amazing day, because I embraced each one of these roles completely. While I may have let my excitement carry me away here and there, the end result is that I felt like I was 'in my element' with each and every one. At the end of the day, if I can say I added to someone's life in a good way, rather than detract from it in a bad one, it's a win.

When I learn something in life and put it into regular practice, it's impossible to keep it to myself. There is always someone else who can benefit from something we have figured out, but the only way they will is if we are willing to be open and share it. Part of being in this human condition is relating to others, and learning. We can't do either if we aren't actively willing to share. 

The older I become, the more matter-of-fact I become. I remember a day when I swore I wouldn't be that person, but I'm okay with eating crow on this. Far too many people waste precious time on nitpicking, complaining, and whining about everyone else and what they are or aren't doing, that could be spent on creating and enjoying happiness. IT DOESN'T MATTER what others are saying, thinking, or doing, what DOES MATTER is what you are doing/saying and how you feel about it. The one and only person you have to deal with every second of every day is YOURSELF, so value who you are, believe in what you can do, and let everyone else's opinions and comments be their problem or issue. 

When you have a bad day - feel it. Don't fight it or try to shrug it off all the time. In order to move past something, you need to face it, deal with it, and make the conscious effort to let it go. Make the changes you need to, and release the things you have no control over. Every single one of us has shitty moments (sometimes days), but we are the only ones who can make sure those times don't last too long. 

Start small, find something good and focus on it. When shit hits the fan, acknowledge it, then work on directing your energy into the things that are going well. The more we feed the positive, the less effect the negative can perpetuate. It seems to me that people need to stop being their own worst enemy, and start being their own cheerleader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment