Occasionally I labor over just how much is too much when it comes to sharing personal information in what I write. There are half written files littering my hard drive, with thoughts that reveal more than I might be comfortable putting online. At least at the time they were written. Of course if too much time passes, the relevance of such telling words comes into question.
What is a writer to do? I believe, for me, if simply writing the words down does not quite my thoughts, finding a way to share yet maintain my own personal comfort boundaries is the next step. For the most part, I think I've figured out how to do this. Now if I could manage to make it work in a book...
The big game is a disappointment this evening...unless you are a Seahawks' fan. The commercials are lacking in nearly every way, and I find myself wishing for the big reveals of years past. Currently awaiting a confusing choice for the half-time show, and I'm unable to imagine what a Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers mash-up will produce. Yikes!
As far as sharing, I'm a bit hungover still to do it well. Today's aftermath of a night of fun will serve as quite a reminder for some time to come. Overindulgence is not something I am able to do often and I can never do it well, nor do I want to. Shots are not a good idea. Ever.
I expect that it will take another good night sleep for me to feel like myself again. Maybe even a good idea to detox the next few days. I'll spare any of those details, however. You're welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment