Monday, February 24, 2014

Missing All The Color Of Warm Weather

I spent time with a friend I haven't seen much of in the past couple of months. Our time together left me warmed to the bone and feeling like the happiest version of myself. Oh how I miss the long, lazy days of summer sun.

Despite the copious amounts of snow still occupying the ground, the air was more springlike than winter and I loved every second of it. Now, of course having lived in Maine nearly all of my life, I understand that getting comfortable in warmer weather before May is foolhardy. Tempting as it is, I know the nasty winter blues have not finished with us by a long shot.

Still, it was pleasant sitting in the sun and daydreaming of summer. Beach days with my Kindle, sunscreen and ice cold water. (sigh) It sometimes seems as though those days are so out of reach when we seem to be mired in storm after storm, but just one nice day with the sun casting heated rays of brightness can put things in perspective. Summer will be here in just a few weeks; I've just got to hold on to whatever little previews Mother Nature chooses to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment