Thursday, February 13, 2014

Slap Happy Or Snow Hives?

I laughed consistently through the last 4 episodes of Parks and Recreation that the boys are watching...clearly, I'm watching it as well. My youngest has mocked my laughter...I've decided I don't care. Besides, he's sitting on the sofa with me; a feat in and of itself.

Even though I may think I'm as funny as Amy Poehler, my sane side realizes I'm not. Still, I have to give my sons something to roll their eyes at, otherwise they will walk around with unhealthy 'my mom is the bomb' delusions. And just for fun, I play it up by seemingly being unaware I'm awkward.

I like this show; though I find it a bit odd I relate to both Ron Swanson and Chris Traeger. Positive thinking and outlook most of the time, pragmatic realist with a blunt, curt delivery occasionally. I wonder if I'd laugh half as much watching my life as I do this show...

Today was a Ron Swanson kind of day. I know I live in a state where it snows like freaking crazy in the winter, and yes I know how to drive in bad weather. It appears there are individuals who are oblivious to safety and greet it with rudeness. Asshats, all of them. I love what I do, but staying open later for a $17 haircut is NOT worth risking an accident driving on increasingly bad roads. And certainly not when it's for an entitled jerk. Of course there were far more clients that were more than willing to move up their appointments or reschedule altogether. It's nice to know there are more conscientious people out there then jerks.

There are also a number of Andys, Toms and Donnas, but I don't ever feel like them. And thankfully I NEVER feel like a Jerry. I do adore Leslie and Ben. My mother is retiring from the local recreation department this year, and in all the time she has worked there, it has never once been even slightly like this show. Bummer. I'd have probably stopped by more often just for the entertainment if it had been.

No comments:

Post a Comment