My best friend and I bonded over tears and tissues in the first grade. The school was Catholic, the tears were brought on by Jesus of Nazareth, shown during Lent. After that year I moved and we lost touch until freshman year in high school, but it was nearly as though no time had passed. Amazingly, it is the exact same way with her youngest son and my oldest. The two grew up with each other, but went separate ways during school, only to reconnect in high school. Of course they didn't go to the same school, but it didn't keep them from forging the kind of friendship that will last a lifetime.
I often remark on how much the two remind me of my bestie and I, and she completely agrees. Right down to their sense of humor. Maybe the only thing better than our woven history is watching the two of them create their own, and knowing even if they don't want us to be, we are part of that as well.
Should we live until we are hunched over, wrinkled and white haired, I hope our minds stay sharp and we can relive all our memories together. Tea and rockers. Cuss words, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment