Sunday, February 16, 2014

Knowing And Being

Being part of the world around me, no matter how big or how small a part I am given, is something I believe I must invest all of myself into. It isn't always how big of an impact you make. Sometimes it's how far the ripples reach.

It's crazy how most of the time life goes by, without having the impact of being that it probably should. There are moments here and there; far too often those are comprised of negative or painful experiences when there are so many more uplifting and wonderful moments we skim over or ignore. All too often we fail to see the silver linings.

This has been an emotional day; intense for a number of reasons. I've shed as many tears as I've had bursts of laughter and without the two extremes I might not be experiencing the gravity and full appreciation for each breath and beat of my heart keeping me solidly connected to life. There does not need to be an earth-shaking event for me to value this life, just the willingness to be open to even the most unassuming occurrences and see them for what they are, the gifts of simply being.

No comments:

Post a Comment