Pretty good Friday night going on here. My nephew is over and we are watching the original Sandlot. I love this movie and cannot believe this baseball-loving child has not seen it before!
I mean, what's not to love with lines like 'can't hack it panty-waist', ' ' and 'you're killing me Smalls'? My childhood wasn't quite like that, but I always kind of wished it had been. The innocence, the long days spent outside with friends — that kind of soundtrack to life! Yeah, pretty much everything about this movie is fantastic.
Their faces during the fireworks (hell, it'd be nice to have fireworks like that today), their relatively quick acceptance of a kid who didn't fit in and the enthusiasm they played baseball with...and the Converse :) I also love the back and forth insults that pre-date 'yo momma' jokes. Kids being kids, far from perfect, getting into trouble, but actively living life, not face to electronic devices.
I love the special effects of today's movies for sure, but there is nothing like watching movies that kept it simple. No muss, no fuss and all awesome storyline. The kind of movies that keep you rapt because you're invested in the characters, not just because the CGI is beyond intense. My favorite movies — the ones I've seen numerous times are always the classic, simple ones with resonating themes that pull at your heart no matter how many years pass since you've seen them.
Now to watch the boys get the Babe Ruth ball back from the jaws of the Beast. Enjoy your evening, I'm certainly enjoying mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment