I'm a day overdue on posting, but what can a girl do when life happens? Certainly not ignore it! That's how shit gets all messed up; you've got to pay attention when things crop up around you and compete for your total focus. Hard as it might be to believe, I actually do live a moderately busy and exciting life. You appreciate these daily posts all the more now, don't you? ;)
In all seriousness, I've been working at creating even more challenge in my daily schedule than I already contend with — yeah, actually trying to busify myself to the point that regular writing becomes even more tough to fit in. Why? Because if I'm not moving and occupied, I feel idle. Idle and I do not relate to one another at all. Idle drives me batty and the world does not need a crazier version of me than it's already been gifted.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm addicted to chaos, I just like to be working toward something, experiencing life and overall enjoying this journey every moment I can. Every day that I am fortunate enough to wake up and take on the next round of surprises from the Universe is something I cannot waste. When there is opportunity to try something new, take a different direction, meet interesting individuals (like the older gentleman sitting in the waiting area at Martin's Point in Falmouth yesterday who regaled me with a sort of history of Converse sneakers) and add substance to my existence, occasionally the blog post can wait a day.
Now, I realize that I'm still a day behind and the plan is to catch up within the next day or so, but life may well decide to happen all over place tomorrow. Once that ball gets rolling there is no telling when it will come to a rest. The warmer weather is here and it could be a coincidence, but I'm inclined to believe it's part of a pattern. Time outdoors means less time with the laptop and I make no apologies for it.
If you happen to know me, you are then well aware that I'm almost never on time, and it would appear that extends to this blog. Not that I intend to shirk my whole year-long, daily posts on the regular, but I'm also not laboring under any illusions about my lack of focus when the sun is teasing me and begging me to come out and play. You try resisting it's charm and persistance. I can't imagine you having better luck at ignoring its calls.
At the moment, my bed is calling to me, and like the sunshine and warm weather I am helpless to its charm. Goodnight, sleep tight and rock the hell out of tomorrow every chance you get!
No comments:
Post a Comment