The next time there is a lull in my life, I am going to make a concerted effort to enjoy it. Revel in the peace and tranquility instead of calling it boredom. Yes, the next time the speed of my days slows to a leisurely stroll, I'm going to let it happen and embrace the break.
Time to read, that's what is currently missing in my life. I have books, stacked and waiting for my fingers to turn the pages. A Kindle with an impressive library that just begs for me to swipe through feverishly until the end of each selection. Despite having a deep love for losing myself in a story, I haven't read an entire book in months.
Binge-watching on Netflix and Amazon are part of the reason, but frankly, at the end of most days, I'm just looking to chill and unwind a bit before attempting to get some Zzz. When I read, I often find my mind becomes far more active and I don't fall asleep as easily as I would like. Diving into a story with all my focus is fantastic and I love every minute of it — unless I need to sleep.
I think that the craziness and the quiet of life strike a balance in the right amounts, based on what you need, personally. I certainly have more chaos and busy in my life than I do quiet, but it works most of the time. In between the extremes, there is usually a moderate flow where I can find entertainment, get things done and even sit down here and there with a good book. I like this balance. It makes my life something to get out of bed for with optimism and purpose every day. Still, having those tranquil days or even hours is not to be wasted or unappreciated. The next lazy day that rolls through is going to be something to bask in, this much I am certain of. You hear that Universe? I may love the energy and pace of my life right now most days, but I'm always up for a little slowing down from time to time, as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment