Friday, May 6, 2016

I Loved This

My friend Tara sent me a text today with a new take on an old phrase that she absolutely loved, and I have to agree. Make your pigs fly. Total genius! We should all see there is a possibility instead of letting doubt creep in and rob us of so much potential awesomeness.

I believe that being more positive and embracing life was the first step in making my pigs fly. I have not achieved everything I might want to have yet, but I am not letting doubt get in the way before I get those four-legged, pink cuties off the ground. Live in the now, have hope, but also believe that you can do the things you dream about. Those tiny hooves won't ever lift off the ground without the confidence and drive it takes to go after the things you want.

I think I like that saying so much that I might just stop seeing the things I want to do, see and experience as goals and start referring to it all as making my pigs fly. It conveys so much more than just meeting a goal — it says you looked the impossible in the face and pushed on through anyway. You didn't let naysayers or uncertainty rule your life. You colored outside of the lines, marched to your own drum and did it your way.

Don't wait for someone else to give you permission or for there to be a step-by-step instruction manual on how to get from where you are to where you want to be. Make your pigs fucking fly! Do it sooner rather than later, because those opportunities don't wait. Sure you can make your own, but you've got to get off your ass and out of your head in order to do it. If you want to do something, see something or be something you have to just do it. No matter what that little voice might say, you can do the impossible things it may have a running list of when you are facing unknown territory. It isn't when pigs fly, it's how high will yours soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment