Friday, May 20, 2016

Don't Sell Yourself Short

I rather welcome the days when my thoughts are focused on other people in my life. It's a break from considering my own choices, lifestyle and what I'm doing to seek out and achieve my goals. Here's the other thing: when the focus is on someone else and you have the most positive willingness to revel in their successes, it prepares you for truly embracing and accepting your own.

I'd say, at least from my own personal experience, that a large part of why I took so long to get to the places I wanted to be was this intense and nagging feeling that I just didn't deserve to reach a goal. Those years were a mix of thinking I wasn't worthy of the dreams I had and somehow refusing to believe I even had what it took to attempt it at all. I've always managed to hold genuine happiness in my soul for those around me who have stuck to their paths and made their goals reality. How I could ever have doubted or felt as though that was a part of life I was never to be part of baffles me now. 

I love waiting for good news when I know someone I care about is expecting it. The build up is great, ensuring that the response I give will echo their own excitement. If you're willing to travel any part of the road to a goal or new beginning with someone, you can certainly navigate your own similar path, as well as allow those who want to be there for you, walk with you. 

When you can cheer on your friends, family and loved ones, you are part of that life. If you can recognize the achievements and hard work of another person and exude joy when they accomplish what they set out to do, you have seen, touched and experienced that part of living. The step to believing you too can make something of your dreams isn't a big one. Build your self-worth and confidence; treat yourself with the same encouraging words and positive praise that you shower those around you with and you will see that what you want can and will be part of your life. 

You are already in the room, so start doing what you want to do and join in the party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment