Sometimes all the rejuvenation and girl-time one needs is in the span of an hour and a half. If the right combination of time, conversation and activity are in place, we bitches can run off that charge for WEEKS! Seriously. Not that I'm referring to my mom as one of my 'bitches', but hey, today she came pretty close while hanging out with my youngest sister and me.
We three ladies got our relaxation on at Soakology. Foot soaks, tea, comfy chairs and ambient music...what is not to love? Mother's Day celebrated early, and missing one sister as she now lives in Florida, we made the best of it. Given my current inner battle with staying above negativity and feeling overwhelmed with a book proposal, this chill time was sorely needed.
I don't think I can remember a time when my mother was able to sit for five minutes letalone an hour. She's always on the move, doing something and relatively charged up — even when it's clear she's exhausted. I'd say the best part of spending time with she and one of my sisters was that we finally got to experience a slower, more peaceful version of the woman who raised us. We chatted of course, but there were numerous moments of silence as we all closed our eyes and just let the outside world do its thing without our constant attention for a short while.
This is one happening I won't soon forget, as I now have all the proof I need that my mother can function quite well coasting in neutral, giving the accelorator a much needed break.
No comments:
Post a Comment