First day in a long while without coffee. Honestly, it didn't suck as much as I expected it to. It's safe to say the fatigue I am struggling with now is a result of double workout sessions the past three days (four more to go), and not the absence of caffeine. Whatever the reason, I need to snap out of it in an hour. I mean, what kind of a respectable concert goer would I be if I fell asleep during the show? That just won't do.
The sun was amazingly bright and warm today — something I will never, ever grow tired of. I truly hope this means spring has finally arrived and is going to stick around for a bit. It's difficult to feel down or out of sorts when the sun is being all brilliant and shit. Most definitely it brings on the butterflies, rainbows and good times.
Sometimes a sneak-peek just makes it worse for the waiting. I have a love/hate relationship with this in pretty much every area of life. Warm days, for instance, are always welcomed no matter what time of year, but when they are immediately followed by weeks of dreary, freezing weather (when by the laws of nature it should be freakin' warm out already), I'd sooner pass on the tease and just get right to the real deal. Yes, I've been stomping my feet in absolute protest at Mother Nature since my son and I returned from our trip down south. I never have a heating bill in May, what gives lady?
The forecast for the week is more sunshine and jacketless weather, and I'm certainly holding out hope that things remain this way for the next five months — at least. No, I'm not under some misconception about the area of the globe that I reside in, but a girl can dream can't she? I love sundresses, shorts, flip flops and the beach damn it! I was born to be in absolute climate comfort year-round, sadly, I find it is far more difficult to pick up and move from all I know and love than I had thought it might be. Ok, ok, yes, there's a guy who might just have a bit to do with the whole 'not being able to up and move' thing.
Really, when it comes down to it, I'm completely prepared to bargain my ass off with the Lady Of All Things Weather if we can just skim over winter from this point forward. Let the mountains have all the snow they can handle and give this coastal gal a reprieve from ice, snow and the cold. I will not complain about the rain, as it's sometimes nice to stay in and curl up with a good book, movie...cute, unshaven guy who will indulge my sci-fi obsession ;)
See what a terrible hold on me cold weather has? It's gorgeous out and I'm sitting here —inside, writing this post. Clearly, I've suffered some mental hiccup caused by too much exposure to frigid temps and gloomy skies. Time to remedy the situation and go bask in the remnants of the sun's rays. Without a doubt I'll be back at that task tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment