Sometimes it's good to be tired; like when you've really earned the right to let the fatigue of a busy life just take hold. Who am I kidding? I absolutely loathe being tired. At night, before bed, sure, but not first thing in the damn morning when I've got an entire day ahead of me that will take more energy than it feels like I can muster sometimes. Tired is for sleep, so if my eyes are open, I do not want to feel that shit. Not even a little.
Coming off a week of double workouts, diving right into a 3-day cleanse, and starting a new schedule with a second job was probably bound to catch up with me, but even knowing that was likely, didn't make rolling out of bed with absolutely no energy any easier. Worse even when I remembered I wasn't going to be drinking coffee for a pick-me-up. No coffee, a vegan diet and an overworked body and brain — it's a wonder I managed to leave the house with matching shoes.
There is nearly always something going on in my life that requires me to be functioning at a relatively high level of cognition, and right now is the most extreme example. Other than being exhausted, my thoughts are still sharp and focused. I have always been able to maintain clarity where it matters most, despite going in multiple directions. Now, doing this long-term might require a few tweaks because keeping up this pace will eventually lead to mistakes or forgetting the important stuff. Clearly, I can't have that.
So, off to bed tonight to kick some of that exhaustion to the curb. Tomorrow proves to be another full day and if I got through this one without slipping up or caving into cravings for caffeine, then I will likely be able to tackle what Thursday has in store. Know your limits, listen to your body, but always believe that you get to choose where you draw the line each and every day. Why not challenge yourself and get the most out of life every opportunity you get.
No comments:
Post a Comment