Monday, May 2, 2016

Repetition: The Theme Of The Day

Today has been a day of repetition. Not that I'm complaining, but when I reflected back over the past 14 hours, I realized that everything seemed to be based on repeating something. I worked out twice, couldn't get enough of a particular song (much to my son's chagrin) and of course, all of the things I typically do on a given day.

First up was the song. Ordinarily, I try to avoid listening to songs I like too often because it's just too easy to get tired of it. Too much of a good thing, right? Almost more because it forced an earworm on my youngest son than I truly wanted to hear it, I played it several times. Yes, I'm that parent. But seriously, Trip Switch by Nothing But Thieves is catchy as hell — who could blame me?


Working out twice. I don't typically take on the role of masochist these days, but knowing I have doubles all next week, I figured this was a good way to see how my foot holds up to this kind of push. I'm currently icing it, but it's not too bad off pain-wise. I think that just doing it all within the same time frame will be the most beneficial execution of this kind of physical demand. ;) Again, I don't normally push through multiple workout sessions, but next week is an optional schedule for the program I'm currently doing. I have been so revved by the changes and improvements I've experienced that I'm going to give it that extra week and push through the hell that it is sure to be. Maximizing my results is worth a little more sweat, fatigue and foot icing.

In the midst of all the repetition, I broke into a hysterical episode of crying laugh jag. Nothing that occurred prior to the onset was particularly funny, but this kind of thing rarely needs exceptional humor to settle in and make a person look crazy. Both of my sons found the display to be confusing, and I'm fairly certain they were relieved we were in our own home with no witnesses. I can't even remember what sparked the jag, but it was lengthy and it might even qualify as an additional ab workout. Tears streaked down my face and I have little doubt that it looked much different from the previous episodes I've been overtaken by, but for some reason my youngest son just couldn't stop saying how bizarre it was that I was full-on crying while laughing uncontrollably. Keeping them on their toes. I mean, I can't have them thinking they've got me all figured out now, can I?

I ended the night sitting through the second financial aid presentation I've had the opportunity to attend, and while the information is much the same, this is one thing it doesn't hurt to go through more than once. Some serious work ahead and I'll take as much information as will help me get through it more smoothly, thank you very much.

I'm feeling as though another listen is in order for my brain's choice in song of the day. Don't judge me, it's tough to get it out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment