Got to love Maine and its 20-degree temperature changes over just a couple of hours. Oh joy, I just discovered it's a color run, hope the kid thought to bring a change of clothes. The wind is killing me...I want to go back to my car, but I've got to get a photo of him crossing the finish line.
Aaanndd he changed out of his joggers midway through, so I missed him finishing. I did manage to see him getting doused heavily with purple and green colored flour, however :)
Aaanndd he changed out of his joggers midway through, so I missed him finishing. I did manage to see him getting doused heavily with purple and green colored flour, however :)

Even after scrubbing his skin, he's still blue on the back of his neck and under his left arm. Neither of us looked at his time, but it was somewhere around 25-27 minutes. Not bad for a kid who doesn't run all that often. It was worth freezing my behind off to see (especially since he was in a good mood and seemed to have left the inner asshole behind).
The thing about Maine weather is that while it can reach 80-degrees during the day this time of year, it can drop to 50 pretty quick once the sun goes down. Impossible to dress for that kind of temperature change. If you plan on being out the entire day and into the night, you're definitely going to need to bring warmer clothes with you wherever you go. So much for a carefree outing, if that's what you were hoping for.
As much as I bitch about Maine weather when it is beautiful out there is nothing like it anywhere. I couldn't imagine trading the waterfront or coastline for someplace else when I'm actively enjoying the day. At some point, the few weeks of warm temps and sunny days won't be enough to keep me here, as I long for months where the air that is above 70-degrees. Until the time comes when I finally do relocate, I'm going to just try and absorb every possible second of sunshine and jacketless weather I can. And watch my evolving, adult sons continue to become the people they are destined to be while they are still part of my everyday life.

No comments:
Post a Comment