Monday, May 30, 2016

It's Not Always Easy

There is rarely progress without the occasional hiccup. Whether it's a change I'm trying to implement or steady climb toward some goal, it isn't likely I'll come out on the other side of either without having put in some real effort and problem solving. Things come up and throw us off course (or at least threaten to) and we can let them derail us, or we can learn to adapt and right our path.

This blog has kept me actively seeking the best options in life when certain situations present their challenge. By writing every day (ok, occasionally I miss one and double up the next day) I am able to reflect in a proactive manner, separating myself from whatever negative feelings of frustration, sadness, anger or fear might be threatening to consume me. More often than not, I leave whatever traces of these things that might be nagging me behind as I type out the thoughts that stream through my head.

Some days I'm able to express the focus of my day in a detailed post, while on others I barely manage to eek out complete thoughts that span three paragraphs. Tonight, it's the latter. Either I can't find the energy and drive, or I can't string together the right combination of words to make sense of what's on my mind. I am never a fan of the days that I struggle with words.

Every so often, though, I just don't want to part with the contents of my mind. That means abstaining or greatly censoring whatever I'm attempting to say. This might come across as evasive, lazy, cryptic or just plain rude. When my writing fails to convey what I hoped for, it isn't easy to just leave it and move on. There's always tomorrow and reminding myself of that can mean the difference between lamenting over less than stellar effort and making room for a little more light and inspiration for the days to come. I suppose that is sometimes enough to find the silver lining in moments of murky mindedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment