Short and sweet tonight. Packing is nearly complete and Riley and I are ready to hit the road tomorrow morning. I'm excited, and being a mother, nervous all at the same time. I'm leaving one child behind, and despite the fact that he is an adult, it is still only the second time in his life that I have ever been away this long. I know, I know, I'd better get used to it fast because he will likely be spreading his wings and flying the coop at some point soon. I'm just fortunate that I've had him stay this long.
There are other reasons the length of this trip will wear on me by the end, though I have no doubts that will be somewhat minimized by my time with some amazing friends. There will not be much time for reflecting since our days are packed to the minute with adventurous outings, and for that I am quite thankful. There are always things and people that are missed when you go away, but the experiences you can add to your life actually make coming back so much more meaningful.
I'm less than 800 words from my 4,000-word count goal this week and I plan to exceed it tonight. The posts for the next nine days will be relatively short and sweet, but the will happen. The warmer weather will undoubtedly tire this old gal out, and I am looking forward to every single second of it! Early to bed and early to rise, I may not be wealthy, but I'm healthy and every day I'm getting increasingly wise.
No comments:
Post a Comment