Sunday, April 3, 2016

One Word Will Bring You Round, Changes

Change is something that shouldn't be viewed negatively. Certainly, there are times when what is happening in our lives is difficult and even undesired, but in the end, we are elevated to a place from which tomorrow and the future are possible. Not everything that happens will mean big shifts, but without the little things that rearrange aspects of our life adaptation would be far less achievable.

I decided over this most recent phase of my existence that rolling with all the opportunities and setbacks is far more beneficial to the flow of life and to my overall well-being. Even the shit that happens can set the foundation for better things, so wishing it all away just isn't something I try to do anymore. I'd rather rise above the pain or disappointment in a way that makes the celebrations much more enjoyable. We bring far more reward to our days when we appreciate everything that touches us.

There is no doubt, as far as I'm concerned, that the rate at which my life has changed for the better is directly related to this acceptance of all things without attaching numerous expectations or unnecessary negative energy to them. I know that I am fortunate to be where I am, surrounded by the people I am, and challenged by the changes I face, and I wouldn't change any of it for a ho-hum routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment