Sunday, April 17, 2016

If Everything Always Went The Way We Planned, We Would Always Know The Ending Before It Happened

Flexibility is part of the foundation of happiness. If you are able to go with the flow, you are far more likely to keep an even attitude and positive outlook, leading to a much happier existence. Fight the unexpected and any opportunity at enjoying life quickly disappears.

I try not to plan out every minute, particularly on vacations. Things have a way of not going according to plan, and honestly, if you plan things from the start to the end it doesn't leave time to venture off the path and explore the possibilities that just happen to present themselves without much notice. Sometimes the best things happen when we least expect them. I rather like surprises the Universe sends my way, and if I'm too rigid in my plans, I'll miss some really good shit.

I forget that spontaneity was something I had to work at. Strange as that may sound, I had to set aside times that I didn't fill with things, so that I was free to take on the unexpected if it happened to come around. I didn't like it, because knowing what to expect was safer than risking all the potential negatives of surprises. So when my son has a tough time embracing things out of his comfort zone or that go against a previous plan, I have to step back and remember what it was like. It's actually kind of exhausting letting the unexpected stress you out.

It isn't always easy to remain flexible in the face of disappointing changes, but the more often you keep your options somewhat open, the less stress you will feel. When you are relaxed, you're far more likely to attract good things than bad. Life rarely goes according to what we plan and being open is definitely the best way to make the most of change, surprise and random moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment