Saturday, April 16, 2016

I Like MY Things, Yes I'm Really Particular

Creature comforts are something I don't often think much about. My things are really just items I've grown accustomed to, but when I am away from them or do not have use of them, even similar options just feel odd. These are the things that remind me how spoiled, fortunate and privileged I really am overall.

Working out while traveling doesn't hold the same zeal for me that it does when I work out at home. All my equipment is home, so the energy and motivation to get off my butt and get my sweat on are easy to come by. Contending with a lack of comfort in surroundings and in equipment available can definitely affect a 'get it done' attitude significantly.

The exercise room at this hotel is small and limited, which does not meet my needs. I thankfully brought a pair of dumbbells and have my laptop to stream my workouts on BOD (Beachbody on Demand), and our room has a decent amount of open space, so I kind of pity whoever is in the room below us in the morning. Tomorrow is cardio and this girl will be hitting it as soon as I wake up. I can't start my day any other way — no matter how tough it is to get moving when I'm traveling.

A good night's sleep and starting the day off with a jolt of cardio-induced energy will hopefully stave off the allergen effects of the pollen in the air so I can enjoy a day at the beach with Riley, Alaina, T and the rest of the gang! Looking forward to avoiding jellyfish while we take in the views and spend time with grade A people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment