Friday, April 29, 2016

Loosen Your Grip On The Reigns Of Life Already

Plans are fantastic. I rather enjoy having an idea of what will be happening when I go out, go away or  just attempt to balance the numerous commitments throughout the day. Understanding that plans aren't written in stone and things may not go the way you envision is important — specifically to your overall mood. When I make plans, it's just to have a roundabout idea of what I'm doing or will be doing, not a step-by-step itinerary of life. So when I say I'm a planner, all that really means is I prefer to have a general idea of what I'm about to walk into.

After years of getting irritable when things didn't go exactly as expected, it just made sense to leave that control freak side of myself behind. When I was focused on how things were supposed to go, I wasn't taking in how everything was actually playing out. I missed some seriously amazing shit along the way, all because I couldn't look past the idea I had created in my head. Life is far too fucking short to be missing out on any of it.

If I know there is something coming up that I want to do or attend, I make plans to do it or be there, but that's it. There are no well-thought out scenarios of the day that threaten my enjoyment of whatever possible happenings might occur. No disappointment when the events of the day veer off from that preset mental timeline. I show up and the rest is up to the Universe do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment