Monday, April 11, 2016

New Places, Old Faces, Life Keeps Getting Better

Oh wow, I had no idea how involved planning and scheduling college visits would be. Crazy, but after a few hours of looking at calendars, maps and weather, I believe we have a general idea of the schools we are going to knock out over April break. Of course, we are also working in some serious vacation fun while visiting good friends in Charleston.

Far from letting myself get too overwhelmed, I'm looking at the upcoming week as an adventure with my baby. Granted, he's nearly an adult, but he'll always be my baby. The time in warm weather won't be bad either ;)

One of the things I am most grateful for at the moment is having a job that affords me the flexibility to actually even make this trip with my son. Had my oldest chosen to look at 4-year schools, I wouldn't have been able to visit many schools with him, particularly those out of New England. As a single parent, flexibility like this is an amazing benefit and one that I won't ever take for granted.

When I get the opportunity to travel, I am all on board. It doesn't matter to me how I get to a destination, so long as I enjoy the ride. It's even better when the destination brings me in contact with long-time friends that I don't see often. As much as I am looking forward to the college tours, I am beyond excited to spend some serious QT with a couple of amazing women.

The week ahead will likely leave both Riley and I completely exhausted, but we will have beneficial information and the memories of exciting times. Exploring a place I've never been to means I will likely have more subjects to write about than I can handle, and that is a problem the writer in me welcomes. Bring on the busy days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment