Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Continuing Education, A World Of Possibilities And Adventures To Remember

Sun, sand, a few conference calls and a fantastic dinner have rounded out a memorable day. I spent time getting things done with work, soaking in some vitamin D and getting an ample amount of QT with good friends I don't get to see often. Much as I wish every day could be like this, I know I appreciate it more because it isn't common place.

My homebody kid has finally loosened up and appears to be making the most of his time with me and away from home. We head to Savannah in the morning with the intent to tour SCAD and spend the day in the historic district. I love that he has seen so many new places this trip, even if he would prefer to have flown. Had we chosen to fly, we wouldn't have been able to visit more than one school, so he's set aside his lack of enthusiasm for road trips.

A life of possibilities is something we all have in front of us, but if we aren't open to the potential of opportunities, it isn't surprising we will fail to recognize that we do have choices. As a parent, all I have ever wanted was for my sons to see their potential and realize they can do whatever they allow themselves to believe they can do. If they work hard enough, put their heart and soul into what they want and stick to the path that will take them to their goal they will achieve anything they set their minds to. I have invested the past 20+ years in that particular goal and seeing where each of my sons are at in life, I know I've been on the right path. They believe in possibility, they are willing to risk failure to try and reach for their dreams and they have faith in themselves. There is nothing better than seeing them soar.

I couldn't be more happy, more proud or more inspired than I am right now. Life just keeps getting better and I have no intention of letting that fade away. If the adventure calls, answer it with a 'Hell Fucking Yes'!

No comments:

Post a Comment