I honestly have no idea how it happened? The shit my kid says, without warning - I mean, I'm glad he feels he can tell me pretty much anything, but sometimes I'd like him to at least pretend I'm a normal mom. Ok, ok, I really don't want that, I just find myself wondering what other mothers would do if their teenage son said the things mine often does.
Of course, I do know how it happened. I have always been honest with my kids and encouraged them to be as well. The pros of this most definitely outweigh the cons though there are the occasional moments where I pause to shake my head in disbelief. Again, I will take that over the alternative. I can't imagine my kids being hesitant to tell me anything, that would just suck.
The thing is, even when the topic of conversation leaves me momentarily flabbergasted, I'm usually somewhat impressed at the detail that's utilized to express a point. At the very least, the random discussions are never boring. I'll take interesting over a yawn any day. I know my kids will go out into the world prepared for a multitude of social situations, which will hopefully help them avoid bringing that shit up in professional situations. I mean, a mother can hope, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment