Diner breakfast, coffee, shopping, and football. Ok, I could have done without the shopping, but the day was pretty much the best end to a weekend in quite some time. That might have been different if the Patriots hadn't added another win to their season, but thankfully all is right in New England tonight.
Life doesn't have to be full of epic weekend plans to fill a person up. Some of the most memorable times for me are the moments when nothing was planned and it all just happened organically. I think that is what I find so gratifying about the relationship I am in. Whether we have something specific to do or we are just winging it, it's always a good time. Being in the company of someone who is secure in themselves, easy going, honest and encourages you to be all of who you are instead of being picky about what you do, wear or say has made it possible for me to really appreciate all the things I couldn't see before.
Maybe it was the Kentucky Mules I had, maybe it's the high of another regular season win and having Brady back at the helm. It could be the dopamine surge from a rambunctious, purring kitten that likes to curl up and cuddle. Regardless of why I'm in a completely contented mood, the fact remains that I'm dating a man that is everything I hadn't realized I wanted in a boyfriend and it's about fucking time. Ol' Monday just doesn't pack the gut punch it used to after weekends like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment