Monday, October 3, 2016

No Time When I Need It Most

I finished the weekend ahead of this cold, which means I didn't let it win. It doesn't always work out this way, so I will enjoy it. There was a whole lot of indulging in foods I shouldn't eat and while it was fun, I am not tempting fate by inviting any lingering germs to seize an opportunity to knock me on my ass. It's back to my typical routine — as difficult as that may be.

Over the past month, I have felt completely out of sync with my days. The normal day-to-day structure has all but disappeared, leaving me with the feeling that I am playing catch up. Whether it is house cleaning, errands or this blog, my ability to streamline activity alongside work has been lacking. Of course, this is a result of my own over-committing tendencies, so I can't really complain much.

At some point, I really should adopt a more doable attitude rather than trying to fit everything in at once. It seems that no matter how often I arrive at that same conclusion, I never seem to put it into practice. I'm not sure if I'm a glutton for the punishment of stress or I just simply function better in high gear. Whatever the case, I'm happy that at least I manage to keep moving and nothing overly crucial is left undone or forgotten.

I think that the remainder of this year will be spent assessing my time and how I allocate it. Fulfilling all that I have obligating myself and my time to is first on the list, making certain I don't continue the cycle of taking on more than I should in the future. If I manage to succeed in that, it'll be the sign of great change coming. A near miracle, as well. Until then, I suppose kicking colds before they set in too comfortably will have to be enough to keep me going. If I'm going to run myself ragged, I can at least be healthy doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment