Saturday, October 1, 2016

Bully For Me

I am not unique in my lack of enthusiasm over getting sick. Unless there are some fairly serious mental and emotional issues going on, no one likes being under the weather. There is far too much precious life to live to be sidelined with a cold or some other nasty virus. Personally, I'm a little annoyed with my body for not keeping up the fight a bit longer.

Both of my sons and my boyfriend had nasty colds, which I was grateful to avoid. This was over the course of the past month. My youngest just finally shook the last of his cold a few days ago. I though I was in the clear. I was wrong.

I felt great after my morning workout yesterday. Energy galore and I was getting shit done! Somewhere around mid-afternoon I got the chills and a headache from hell. Sinus pressure and a cough — I don't have time for this. Even after chilling at home for the night watching a movie and Luke Cage with my Mister, I'm not back to myself.

Why can't my body conquer this stupid virus while I sleep? I mean, what is with this whole 'running its course' thing? I don't care how old I am or how many times I've had to deal with a cold or being sick, I will never find the patience to sit back and let whatever ails me take over my health. It may not be the best approach, but fighting it until the end (even if it's just mentally and all attitude) makes me feel less gross somehow.

Currently, I'm just dealing with the onset, but I refuse to take it lying down. Operation Make This Cold Your Bitch protocol is in effect. Fluids, rest, vitamins and a relatively normal routine — just keep swimming. I could stay home, but frankly, every other person out and about is sick with something. I'll stay away from people with weak or compromised immune systems, but the rest of y'all...sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment