Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday Madness

I have always loved Halloween. Admittedly, in the past few years, I haven't done a whole lot of participating in festivities. I'm not certain I will this year either, but it isn't for lack of enjoying this holiday. Life gets busy and I don't take the time to adequately plan for the fun stuff like I used to.

When the boys were younger, I decorated the house, planned out their costumes months in advance and carved pumpkins. Ok, so my youngest son will never let me forget that I never let them carve their own. I never said I was the perfect parent. At least my kids had some amazing costumes.

This year might just be the time to get back into the Halloween spirit by actually participating in something other than handing out candy. Which, if I'm going to be honest, I haven't done much of either. I mean, last year I was in a lot of pain post-foot surgery, so the candy doling duties fell to the teen. This year, eh, he's got plans, so I'm sure I will be attempting to watch television and getting up every few minutes to oh and ah over trick-or-treaters. Oh wait, I'll be working :)

Prior to the actual day, I will be making the most of this festive time of the year. Despite my lack of belief in ghosts and hauntings, I will be taking a 'haunted' walk around town with my mister and friends. It might not be the parties of the past, but I think it has the potential to be even more fun.

For now, I will just sit back, wait and enjoy the return of the Walking Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment