Sunday, October 9, 2016

Gah! Oh Who Am I Kidding, It's Not That Bad

My youngest son has a serious problem. Binge watching shows on Netflix. Oh, I know, many of us binge watch shows these days. But most of us don't repeatedly binge watch the same three shows over and over again. I believe I have seen some episodes of The Office, How I Met Your Mother and Parks and Rec at least five times. It's out of hand.

It might not be a huge issue if these shows didn't have a ridiculous amount of seasons. The theme songs haunt me in my sleep, I hear them so often. I essentially plead with him some days to watch anything but those three shows. Once in a blue moon, he listens.

This kind of distraction is almost as bad for my writing concentration as having to endure the YouTubers he follows. I get that they were great shows, but how many times can a person watch them? It's like it's 1980-something and I'm back at home where my younger sisters are watching Dirty Dancing on repeat, reciting the lines with the characters.

I had thought, at one point, that I'd like to watch The Office from the beginning one day, but now I have absolutely no desire to do so...ever. The funny has worn itself thin and I loathe Michael Scott more and more with every episode he streams. And the worst part is, he's doing the same thing with American Horror Story, too!

Yes, the horror of my days is truly tragic. Bahahaha, I'm so fortunate to have these kinds of problems. Despite the minor irritations of seeing/hearing the same episodes of shows over and again, I'll take it all to enjoy the presence of my son and all his adorable quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment