Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Worst Part Isn't Moving, It's Unpacking It All

A great test in patience is moving. Not only are you dependent on others to get things done (and I am not the best at allowing people to help), but the whole unpacking boxes and finding spots for everything is definitely trying to the get-it-all-done types. I can pack and move all day long, but sit me in a house with everything all at once and I fight overwhelming urges to run away.

I've been fortunate enough to have friends and family who are like-minded in their focus to get things done in short order. This move went well up until I had to hand over the loading and unloading of my belongings to movers. I chose to go that route because it was such a short period of time to recruit the usual assitance. I didn't think it was possible but I appreciate those reliable and hardworking friends and family more than ever before. I'm grateful that a big bulk of the move was done with my sisters and their kiddos helping us. We got so much done, it's hard to believe.

The next couple of weeks, as we are settling in, my level-headed, positive mood will be challenged daily. The total disarray will not win. I will tackle the unpacking bit by bit and maintain my balanced state of mind. The cardboard boxes that taunt me will not win!

No comments:

Post a Comment