Season 1 is in the bag. My addiction is full on and I cannot get enough GoT. Sleep is also something I suspect I will not be getting enough of if this binge watching takes over my sensibilities.
I imagine, sometime in the future, people will be able to immerse themselves in fictitious worlds for real. Nothing would surprise me given how life tends to be influenced and created from what was once art. Cell phones, computers, video chats and VR games are all things someone dreamt up long before technology existed to make them a reality. We live in a time of innovation and constant improvement to the capabilities that exist, it's not much of a stretch to believe the impossible will one day be possible, too.
When we are so willing to appreciate the magic of movies and the visions of books, it amazes me that we cannot be as open and positive of our own potential and effort. So conditioned to look for greatness outside of ourselves, we are missing a wealth of possibilities each and every one of us could bring to our own lives and that of the world. It is the saddest thing to know so many dreams die unfulfilled, that so much progress and good is never recognized.
It's fun to live in someone else's imagination for a time, but we should never prefer it to that of our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment