Tuesday, July 26, 2016

There Is Nothing Wrong With Changing Your Mind

If you think about any issue or topic long enough, you're likely to question your first impression. I don't mean that you'll change your mind, but it's quite likely that if you spend enough time pondering you'll see a few things you didn't when you first formed your initial feeling or opinion. You will either run from it, clinging to your comfortable perception of life, or you will soften a bit and learn something about the world around you, and yourself.

There are three sides to every story, one side, the other side and then the truth. It's the same with anything. What we perceive and what the whole reality is are usually on opposite sides of the spectrum. When you finally realize that everything, even our most rigid position on things is subjective to what is around us and where we are at in life from one moment to the next, it makes digesting any unexpected information easier.

The older I get the more evolved my perspective for most things becomes. I may have been unyielding in thoughts surrounding politics in my younger years, but these days I find that it's not as easy to see everything so cut and dry. Being open to possibilities means also being aware that not everything fits into a neat little box. I'd rather have a room with odds and ends spilling out over their designated space and have people feel relaxed and at home over every aspect of my life perfectly positioned, leaving people concerned they might accidentally move something out of place. Flexibility and openness are more valuable than precision and the perfect fit. Except maybe with shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment