Monday, July 25, 2016

The Ocean Never Gets Old

A bit crazy to think that I've lived in this state for nearly my entire life and I've never gone on a boat tour of the bay. Sure I've ridden the ferries, but I've never gotten the historical bit over a 90-minute sail. Some of the information I knew but there were a number of things I'd never heard before. From lighthouses to forts, islands to marine life, our guide was great, the sky was clear and the weather was near perfect.


Given that summer in Maine is relatively short-lived, getting out and enjoying as much of it as possible is a must. This year we have been fortunate enough to have consistently warm weather and beautiful days. We could use the rain, but I wouldn't trade the sunshine for greener grass. Yeah, I'm greedy when it comes to nice weather, I mean, winter lasts for far too long most years.


As long as the good weather is here, I will continue to find ways to be out enjoying it. Exploring the state (albeit most likely the coastal region) seems like the best way to spend my time in the sun. Doing things I've neglected to do for far too long, it's time to play the part of tourist and let the majestic nature of Maine leave me in awe. Though I often complain about winter, I could never deny the beauty of this state. Rocky shorelines, sandy beaches, mountains, nature trails, culture and a working waterfront in a small city, lakes, streams and more. There is far too much about this state that I value to ever stop calling it home. Someday I would like to winter in the south (and by winter I mean six months), and no matter where I end up, I can't imagine not ever coming back to the place that will always be home.


It was a relatively simple outing, complete with copious amounts of ocean air and as always, it absolutely made my day. Of course, the company alone always makes my day, so I consider myself doubly lucky. Fun, sun, and even the packing got underway, and the best part of the day by far was a couple of hours of QT with Mr. Blue Eyes breathing in the ocean air. A near perfect end to the weekend and one of many amazing Sunday afternoons this year.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



No comments:

Post a Comment