Friday, July 29, 2016

It Is All Of My Own Making

The Universe, as I've come to know and think of it, is the mother source of all energy. While there are many types of energy, those of us who believe that what you put out is what you get back see them in two categories: positive and negative. Certainly what makes the energy you produce one or the other varies a bit, but going with how you feel is an indicator of the camp your energy falls in.

I am a staunch believer that I create my own happiness, opportunity, and good fortune. On the other side of that, I'm equally capable of manifesting sorrow, hardship, and misfortune. It might not always be easy to maintain an output of positive energy, but the life I live depends on it and constant redirection of my perceptions and thoughts is non-negotiable. There are moments when self-doubt and insecurities seep into my thoughts, and it can be a bitch getting them to leave. They are the worst kind of party crasher.

It isn't as though I think myself an expert or authority on this approach to life, I'm rather more of a student, excitedly sharing my discoveries. I know enough — have experienced enough to recognize that both types of energy are incredibly powerful. I am also certain that the reality and impact of each absolutely, without a doubt, exists. When my thoughts were predominantly self-defeating and negative, my life was essentially a mess. Nothing went right and I was stuck in a cycle of what I saw as bad luck, feeling as though I was just one of those people destined to struggle for the duration of my existence. I honestly believed I had no power to change my circumstances and because of that, I stayed mired in discontent and self-pity for far longer than I should have. 

The years it took me to see the light weren't a total waste, however. That time solidified the existence of energies and their power without my even knowing it. When I finally came around to exercising more positive thoughts, the changes in my life and circumstances were undeniable. I'd lived so long with a begrudging, hard attitude on life (after all, I'd suffered at the hands of others many times) that I had a plethora of evidence that negative energy begets negative results. The more positive thoughts I embraced and generated, the more opportunity and good experiences came my way. 

I refuse to dismiss any of this as the luck of the draw or coincidence. And I don't necessarily believe that the possibilities of betterment don't exist for those who have yet to break the negative thought cycles they are in, they are just incapable of seeing any of them from where they are. It's like the clarity of sight cannot be achieved without the light of positive energy. If you awaken in a dark room, you cannot see the door and may surmise that you are trapped. A person who actively emphasizes positive energy will calmly search the perimeter of the room with their hands until they locate the exit. They are likely to find it more quickly than someone who is frantically trying to find the way out, as well. I know that I am the former these days, and that is something that bolsters my resolve to continue embracing life and all the possibilities that exist each and every day.

Without a doubt, there is a lot of shit in the world, but allowing it to reproduce by giving into the darkness of it won't produce change. Seeing it for what it is and choosing to take a proactive position will. Positive energy isn't a magic wand, but it is most definitely a beneficial and catching game changer in life. I choose to live by it because I prefer to experience a life in every color possible, not just the few negativity confines me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment