It baffles me how after living with a natural redhead's complexion for my whole life I still manage to suffer sunburn. For the next day, I will grit my teeth until the sting of this lobster red skin on my feet cools to normal. It's my own fault (clearly) for not making certain the sunscreen covered every inch of my exposed skin. The next time I think it's too much work to brush the sand from my skin to apply sunscreen, someone please kick me and tell me to just do it.
Taking chances and throwing caution to the wind is something most of us need to do from time to time, otherwise, we risk losing sight of the importance of things. Of course, this kind of reminder should be undertaken with eyes wide open. If there are repercussions from enjoying ourselves without deliberation, it would be best if they are worth it. A few hours in the sun with a great friend, relaxing is definitely worth a few hours of stinging pain from sunburnt feet.
I got sunburned because I was too involved in catching up to properly apply sunscreen. Now, this could have ramifications down the road, but in the immediate future, it's a bit of discomfort. I can't imagine suffering consequences from playing Pokemon Go. The absolute lack of observation people have since this game became available is astounding. I thought things were bad watching people text and try to walk, but this game takes the cake. There appears to be a complete lack of awareness that they are still actually in the world with non-Pokemon playing people, resulting in irritable situations. Either they are completely ignoring their friends or they are suddenly rendered incapable of existing for two point two seconds without checking their phone for Pokemon. It's something I think should be featured on My Strange Addiction. I seriously don't get the hype.
I don't pay attention or take care enough to be thorough in the glaring sun, I pay the price. People playing a game that affects their work life, social life and the safety of themselves and those around them are stunned and confused about how it could possibly be their fault when something goes awry...like getting hit by a car or threatened with trespassing. Far too many people are oblivious to boundaries and proper consideration, and a game that encourages venturing onto property that isn't their own and potentially wrought with dangerous elements just makes it all the more precarious. I have nothing against games, but when something consumes even the most basic ability to function among the rest of us...yeah, I have to draw a line.
No comments:
Post a Comment