I don't like politics. This particular election lead-up has done nothing to change that fact, except to make my loathing deeper. I am not left and I am not right. I am a person who was born an American, which gave me the right to voice my opinion upon reaching the age of maturity.
The problem with that is my voice isn't heard unless the results happen to be the way I chose to vote. There is no majority there is only an outdated and unfair process. We the People is a figment of our imaginations. When the choice we are saddled with is 'the lesser of two evils' it's still an evil and not a true choice. We have been taught over decades of propagandas that exercising our right to vote is essential. While at the core of that I believe it to be true, the reality that prevents genuine choice is that most presidential hopefuls will make promises that are wholly against the interests of this country and it's citizens to better fund their campaign and increase their chances of attaining the White House.
It sickens me to no end that so many are willing to be led by lies and false rhetoric. I refuse to choose between two evils, and while my voice may not be heard in the way the current system is designed, my choice will be mine. I will not cave to claims of 'wasting' my vote, I will not compromise my own morals and beliefs by picking the ills I could live with most. What kind of a voice is that to have? I'd rather live in silence than lie to myself with a choice I know is wrong for me.
I will be relieved to an extent when the end of the most ridiculous circus act has arrived. When insanity and layers of woven lies are what we are served, why are we not demanding better? If you are voting in the spirit of 'the lesser of two evils' you're not really voting at all. You are kowtowing to same tired system that has just repackaged the status quo and convinced you it's real change. How sad that this nation is made up of sheep that go wherever the herders push.
No comments:
Post a Comment