Monday, July 25, 2016

Everything Comes Together If You Just Allow Enough Space

T-minus six days until we officially move and become residents of Cape Elizabeth. Just five little miles from where we are now, but it seems like a whole different world to me. And really, it isn't too far off from that. We are moving to a house — something we haven't had since I sold our first eight years ago, there is a view of the marshes, the neighborhood is the kind I grew up in, and I would never have guessed I'd ever live in Cape E. Life presents interesting twists and turns.

While it wasn't my intention to move until my youngest went off to college next year, I am looking at the opportunity this unexpected situation will bring. As I sit here surrounded by cardboard boxes, some filled and some yet to be taped up and readied for contents, I realize the best way to achieve things you think are impossible is to just start somewhere and avoid thinking of all the why-nots. Besides, packing and unpacking don't happen by lamenting about having to do either.

The best way to handle difficult times or undesirable paths isn't by dwelling on the negative aspects of them. It's remaining open enough to see the positive ones. Imagine being the person who decided lemons were more than just nature's cruel trick. If someone saw the potential in that sour fruit, we should be able to see the possibilities in moments where it may not seem like there are any.

Sunday we settle into a new space, and while much may change, our lives are continuing to fall into place for the better. Here's to new experiences and continued growth. Not even having to clear snow myself could stop me from finding the silver lining in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment