Monday, July 18, 2016

Some Days Are Better Than Others

Going through tough times with others isn't always a comfort. Sometimes it just makes it worse. When you are stressed or concerned for the well-being of those around you dealing with the same situation you are dealing with, it can overwhelm you.

In the big picture of living a positive life, I'm still a newbie. I work at it every day and for the most part, I've made incredible strides toward living a happier life. That said, there are things that happen that shake the foundation everything is sitting atop. As good as I've managed to become at looking for that silver lining, sometimes it's a fight to keep it in sight.

It doesn't matter how practiced I have become at juggling circumstances that vie for my attention, the initial weight of things piling up is often harder to carry than the heaviest weights in my home gym. Light always shines through, no matter how bleak things may initially appear, but those moments of heart-pounding uncertainty challenge the strength of my dedication to being positive. I suppose, however, that being positive doesn't mean you stop feeling the disappointment, stress and sadness that life can bring. It's more about how you come out of those things and what attitude you don to keep moving forward.

Life has some seriously shitty moments, without a doubt. When you choose to resist the urge to fall into despair, you enable yourself to recognize the good things around you. That nearly always leads you to seeing solutions or people that can help you get to where you want to be. I think that you find out just how committed you are to living a life where you create and embrace your own happiness when you are challenged and still manage to see possibilities.

Things might not be going exactly the way I had envisioned them at the moment, but I know from experience that something better is just up ahead. I have determination and (for the most part) a good attitude despite how grim things may seem right now. I'm just not willing to trade all the good things I've created for a pity party that gets me nowhere and offers no results. I won't ignore that I'm stressed and upset at how things transpired over the past couple of days, but I refuse to carry those feelings with me into the coming weeks. I am a better person than that and my life hasn't become the amazing existence it has by wallowing in sullness and anger. The light will be shining in on me again as bright as it ever did, all I have to do is continue to remind myself that these clouds can't stick around for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment