Sunday, July 3, 2016

Self-inflicted Over-obligation

My intention may have been to only step away briefly, but it appears I've let far too much time pass without returning to what needs to be finished. Such is typical of me. I'm not sure that I will conquer the procrastinator in me anytime soon.

It's all avoidable, this misuse of time. Of course, the obligations and responsibilities demand focus and energy, and I choose to spend some of my less structured time working out. The remaining time is typically whiled away in the company of people I enjoy being with. Socializing and bonding are activities that I find I'm a better person for engaging in. Were I to bury myself in constant screen time (between work and writing), I'd likely be an antisocial wench. I enjoy my solitude but have no desire to be a recluse.

Far from complaining, I own the lack of writing I have been doing outside of this blog. Two months is far too long to leave things idle. It's long overdue, sitting on my ass with a whiskey neat and my laptop. I think this week is as good as any to rectify the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment