Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I'm Still Smiling

I've made it a practice to never underestimate the Universe. It's best to remain open enough to recognize opportunities when they cross your path. Today was a day of this, and while I might not be celebrating just yet, I spent a few moments here and there acknowledging that these two things that presented themselves to me were exactly the kind of things I'd been sending out positive vibes for.

How things end up is something I cannot predict. I do know that it was no coincidence that either of these opportunities came about, as they were almost exactly as I'd been hoping for, and I wasn't about to let them pass without seeking more information. Time will tell if things work out the way I envision, though I'm relatively optimistic they will.

Should things go differently than I imagine, I won't waste time lamenting about it. There is almost always something else down the road that reveals why the first hint of what I hope for doesn't come to fruition, and it's just not in line with being positive and optimistic to stay stuck in the whys and disappointment. There has always been a way to move forward in life and the less time we spend trying to sort out why one circumstance didn't play out the way we wanted, the more ground we can cover making the most of life.

None of this means I don't get upset, but it does mean that I don't spend much time with those emotions. There is always something good to enjoy or celebrate no matter what the day brings, and it is far better to focus on those kinds of things than to miss the chance to be happy because life had it's own ideas on how your day should play out.

I've worked hard on myself and in life, it would be foolish and counterproductive to question 'why me' or allow the negative aspects of my days to drain me of my energy. Choosing to be happy means embracing a positive attitude right to your core. Pain, anger, and disappointment don't dominate my thinking, and they never will. I believe that there is a silver lining in everything and it is almost always easy for me to find. Things might be stressful for me at the moment, but I have no questions that having the right mindset and remaining open to possibilities is what will sort it all out and in relatively short order. This girl knows how to dance in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment