Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Oh No! Not Cuffed Jeans!!


I've tried to deny it, but there is no use. I'm living with a hipster. An adamantly set on perfected pant cuffs, and strategically coifed wisps of ginger colored hair kind of hipster. Oh, and he loathes comic sans font. Like really loathes it.

This kid of mine is really something. I now have to look up when I speak to him (which is interesting when the discussion is more like an ass-reaming), he's far more into his appearance than I was prepared for - I mean, even I'm not fanatical about each and every strand of hair, and he has opinions about things I wouldn't even have imagined concerning myself with. What to do? Love him; he is, after all, my baby boy.

That, and he makes me laugh all the time. Like to the point of crying. I can't imagine not having that kind of interaction around every day, and while I know it is inevitable, I'm trying to enjoy whatever moments I can over then next few years. Even if I have to listen to him mock Justin Bieber (ah, like a little too well), and complain that his sideburns aren't the same, or he insists on showing me youtube videos and memes that make NO SENSE whatsoever to me.

However inappropriate some might find our conversations, there is little that I imagine this hipster child of mine might not be able to say to me, or ask of me. From hair product to reciting supposed facts on sperm, he's basically covered it all. Maybe it's my style of open parenting, or maybe it's the tendency of a hipster, but whatever the reason, I can deal with the wardrobe fussiness and over-the-top self-image obsessing, if it means I get to laugh this much with my child!

No comments:

Post a Comment